ARPA Member Benefits
Founded in 1943, the Alabama Recreation and Park Association (ARPA) is a 501(c)(6) non-profit professional organization representing more than 900 professionals delivering park, recreation, and therapeutic recreation services in local, county, state, school district, private, and agency settings. We are dedicated to advancing the profession in our state through leadership, education, advocacy, promotion and service.
The ARPA enables parks and recreation affiliates and professionals, through educational and networking opportunities, to enhance the quality of life for citizens of Alabama each and every day. ARPA empowers members to make a difference and impact communities, blazing the trail for generations to come. We strive to ensure health, wellness, safety and access for all. The benefits of parks and recreation are endless, serving individuals, our communities, our environment and our economy.
- Membership and Buyer’s Guide – The ARPA Membership and Buyer’s Guide serves as a contact source for professionals, agencies, and commercial vendors.
- Online Membership Forum – More details coming soon!
- Access to ARPA Publications and News – The Alabamian is published quarterly and reports on updates from across the state, legislative issues, and calendar of events. All ARPA members can submit information to be included.
- Government Representation – The ARPA is the voice for our agencies across the state as we advocate on behalf of parks, recreation, and leisure services in Alabama. We are represented during the legislative session by a professional lobbyist and the executive director to provide guidance and influence legislation and regulations.
- Leadership Development Opportunities through LEAD Program – Opportunity to develop leadership opportunities and build credentials in parks, recreation, and leisure services field.
- Professional Development – ARPA provides opportunities through educational workshops, leadership training, and conferences it offers members each year.
- State Conference – Park, recreation, and leisure service professionals from across the state of Alabama meet each year for the annual ARPA State Conference. The conference offers educational sessions, socials for networking with fellow professionals, and a trade show.
- Awards and Honors – ARPA honors outstanding leaders and members for their contributions to the parks, recreation, and leisure services field.
- Networking with Professional Staff – Mentoring and networking with other members who work in the same areas builds work experience and provides opportunities to share interests and challenges in the parks, recreation, and leisure services fields.
- Coach Training thru ARPA CoachSafely Initiative – ARPA Members can complete the CoachSafely course at no cost through the ARPA CoachSafely Initiative.